In observance of Memorial Day, all County Housing offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2024. We will resume our regular business hours on Tuesday, May 28, 2024.

For Public Housing maintenance emergencies, please call (314) 429-3811.

For HCV resident emergencies, please get in touch with your landlord.

Your Rights

As a participant in the Public Housing program, it is essential to be aware of your rights to ensure a fair and equitable housing experience. Below is an outline of your key rights and protections as a program participant:

Non-discrimination: You have the right to be treated fairly and without discrimination by the Housing Authority based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or familial status.

If you believe there are issues with your home’s safety or compliance with housing quality standards, you have the right to request an inspection by County Housing to address these concerns.

You have the right to request reasonable accommodations or modifications if you or a household member has a disability, ensuring equal access to housing and services. You can request a reasonable accommodation by submitting a request through or by contacting your property manager. 

County Housing must respect your privacy rights and adhere to applicable laws and regulations when collecting and using your personal information.

Informal dispute resolution: If you have a dispute with County Housing, you can seek resolution through an informal process. This may involve meetings or mediation sessions to resolve issues without legal action.

Informal hearing: When County Housing makes a determination about the following and you disagree with the outcome, you may request an informal hearing with County Housing by calling your property management office concerning:

  • Income and/or rent
  • Appropriate utility allowance
  • Correct unit size
  • Termination of assistance

If you believe your rights have been violated, you have the right to seek legal counsel and explore legal remedies.

You have the right to seek legal advice and representation if you encounter disputes or issues related to your participation in the Public Housing program. Legal aid organizations may offer assistance in understanding and protecting your rights.

lf you are a survivor of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, you have rights and protections under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). This includes the right to request changes to your lease or voucher to enhance your safety and security. You can get help and find more information on VAWA via HUD’s website.