Transfer Requests

When necessary, County Housing will allow transfers to a new unit (when available) to comply with occupancy standards, special needs, or in compliance with the Violence Against Woman Act (VAWA).

Please contact your property manager to request a transfer.

Transfers will be processed in the following order:

  1. Emergency transfers (hazardous maintenance conditions, VAWA)
  2. High-priority transfers (verified medical condition, threat of harm or criminal activity, and reasonable accommodation)
  3. Transfers to make accessible units available (demolition, renovation, etc.)
  4. Occupancy standards
  5. Other authority-required transfers
  6. Other tenant-requested transfers

Learn more in Chapter 12 of the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan (ACOP) below.